May 11, 2015
Equinix and Global Capacity Collaborate to Provide Enterprise Customers with Reliable, Direct Access to the Cloud
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., and CHICAGO, May 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, and Global Capacity, the leading connectivity as a service company, today announced a collaboration to provide enterprise customers with direct access to the many cloud service providers available on the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ via Global Capacity's One Marketplace™. Through a direct Ethernet connection from One Marketplace to the Equinix Cloud Exchange, enterprises gain high-performance access to multiple cloud services from the eight Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in which Global Capacity resides. And, because Global Capacity provides network access to 9.6 million commercial addresses, cloud service providers have the ability to extend their market reach to a larger enterprise audience.
Leveraging One Marketplace, enterprise customers can bypass the public Internet with secure, private Ethernet services, connecting their headquarters, data centers and remote locations to cloud providers available on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, enabling them to build the hybrid cloud solutions they need for business-critical operations. With these services, enterprises can now access cloud service providers from additional IBX data centers. For example, if an enterprise requires access to Amazon Web Services (AWS), but is not in one of the eight markets offering AWS on the Cloud Exchange, by using One Marketplace they are able to gain access to this service without being physically inside that location.
Highlights / Key Facts
- One Marketplace provides extensive network reach enabled by applications that provide real-time network pricing and ordering for end-to-end delivery of private Ethernet connectivity services. By directly connecting cloud services with enterprise users via private, high-performance Ethernet connectivity, Global Capacity gives enterprises secure access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions inside Equinix's IBX data centers.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that provides companies with direct, secure access to multiple clouds and networks from a single port. Since its initial launch in 2014, nearly all major cloud providers have joined the Cloud Exchange, including AWS, Cisco, Google Cloud Platform, IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure, and many others. Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 21 markets globally including – Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Osaka, Paris, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington, D.C., and Zurich.
- Global Capacity and Equinix have been working together since 2013 and continue to collaborate to define and deploy ways for business customers to connect. Global Capacity is currently interconnected in eight Equinix IBX data centers in North America, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C., with additional sites being added in 2015.
- One Marketplace provides guaranteed bandwidth and offers business connections to the cloud from 1Mbps up to 1Gbps for secure and reliable network connectivity that is essential for enterprises to successfully create anything from simple websites to complex business applications.
- Jim Poole, vice president, global service providers, Equinix
"The secure, high-performance connectivity provided by One Marketplace to the Equinix Cloud Exchange allows enterprises to access the services needed to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions capable of supporting their business-critical operations and applications. With this solution, cloud providers such as AWS in Washington, D.C., are now easily accessible from nearby metropolitan centers such as New York."
- Ben Edmond, chief revenue officer, Global Capacity.
"Demand for public, private and hybrid cloud services continues to grow steadily throughout the enterprise sector. We are proud to offer our enterprise customers a simple, reliable and cost-effective solution to accelerate cloud migration through the interconnection of One Marketplace and the Equinix Cloud Exchange."
- To learn more about how Global Capacity's One Marketplace enables businesses to easily and securely connect to the Equinix Cloud Exchange, click here.
- More about the Equinix Cloud Exchange
About One Marketplace
Global Capacity's award-winning One Marketplace platform provides customers with the flexibility, speed and service options to extend network service reach across the globe. One Marketplace leverages an interconnected network aggregation platform with a suite of innovative user applications combined to streamline and simplify the process of designing, pricing, procuring and delivering data connectivity solutions. One Marketplace dramatically simplifies and accelerates the delivery of data connectivity, currently supporting over 200,000 circuits.
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/services/interconnection-connectivity/cloud-exchange/.
About Global Capacity
Global Capacity is the leading connectivity as a service company that improves the efficiency and reduces the cost of data network services globally. Through its One Marketplace™, the company brings together customers and suppliers with an automated platform that provides ubiquitous network solutions that deliver on its brand promise of Connectivity Made Simple™. Global Capacity delivers its innovative solutions to telecommunication carriers, managed service providers, application service providers, and enterprise customers globally. Additional information can be found at www.globalcapacity.com or by connecting with Global Capacity on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.