August 18, 2014
CloudSigma Enhances Hybrid Cloud Solutions with Equinix Cloud Exchange
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that CloudSigma, a public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider with advanced hybrid hosting solutions, is the latest cloud service provider to join the Equinix Cloud Exchange™. Enterprises now have access to CloudSigma services across the globe via the Equinix Cloud Exchange, an advanced interconnection solution designed to accelerate cloud adoption and performance, enabling hybrid-cloud IT through secure, on-demand access to multiple clouds and networks across the globe.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Leveraging the Equinix Cloud Exchange enables CloudSigma to solve the business challenge of providing private cloud access to enterprise customers in an automated, high-performance and cost-effective manner.
- With Cloud Exchange, CloudSigma is able to establish standardized business processes globally, lowering operational expenses, while also benefiting from automated ordering and provisioning, which reduces the time to onboard customer network connections.
- CloudSigma will gain access to private networking services, and the ability to easily interconnect with service providers and enterprises stationed on the Cloud Exchange.
- Equinix's Silicon Valley SV5 data center is the initial Cloud Exchange connection point for CloudSigma. As a customer of Equinix, CloudSigma has benefited from increased flexibility, scalability and reduced time to market – while enabling the company to win new business via Equinix's vast business ecosystem.
- Equinix is continuing to expand its marketplace with growing cloud service providers joining the Cloud Exchange to conduct business with enterprises and network service providers, including tw telecom, Level 3, Ciena and more.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 17 markets globally – Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., New York, Toronto, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt – with plans to expand to 19 markets by the end of 2014.
- Jim Poole, vice president, Global Service Providers, Equinix:
"We are excited to welcome CloudSigma to the growing number of cloud service providers who have joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange. CloudSigma's unique flexibility, resource provisioning and private patching capabilities will make it an attractive option for enterprises in the Cloud Exchange. By working with innovative companies like CloudSigma, we continue to expand the breadth of cloud services available across Platform Equinix – ensuring enterprises have the necessary resources and interconnection options needed to confidently meet business demands."
- Robert Jenkins, CEO, CloudSigma:
"By providing enterprises with direct, private access to our public cloud, we are able to significantly enhance performance and security, while capitalizing on Equinix's global footprint. We are actively expanding our partnership with Equinix across new geographies and joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange will enable us to extend our reach even further. Now, more enterprises and network service providers will be able to use our services in an even easier and cost-effective way."
- Equinix Launches Cloud Exchange to Unlock Full Potential of Cloud Computing [press release]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Brings New Level of Interconnection and Potential to the Cloud [blog]
- NetApp, Microsoft and Equinix Deliver Secure Scalable Hybrid Cloud with Private Storage [blog]
CloudSigma is a pure-cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider that's enabling the digital industrial economy through its highly-available, flexible, enterprise-class hybrid cloud servers and cloud hosting solutions, both in Europe and the U.S. CloudSigma is the most customizable cloud provider on the market, giving customers full control over their cloud and eliminating restrictions on how users deploy their computing resources. With CloudSigma, customers can provision processing, storage, networks and other fundamental computing resources as they please, as well as extend private networks out of existing infrastructure and elastically into CloudSigma's IaaS cloud to create easy to manage and transparent hybrid cloud solutions. For more information, please visit www.CloudSigma.com or find the company on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.